Welcome to PetLink
It's time to complete the most important part of the pet microchipping process - REGISTRATION. See below to find out more about this critical step necessary to safeguard your pet's well-being.
- What is PetLink?
- How much does it cost?
- Do I really need to register?
- What does registration include?
- What microchips does PetLink accept?
- How does microchipping work?
- Useful Links
What is PetLink?
PetLink is the cornerstone of Datamars' 24/7/365 pet registry and pet recovery service. Microchipping is the only unique, unalterable, tamper-proof, permanent form of identification that owners can provide for pets. Once microchipped, owners are encouraged to register their pets so that their contact information is on record in the event that their pet is ever lost or stolen. A microchip, together with PetLink - give your pet a silent voice and give owners peace of mind that your beloved pet will always find its way home.
How much does it cost?
Registration with PetLink is often included in the fee paid to your veterinarian or animal shelter for microchipping. If your microchip registration is not prepaid, registration is only $19.99, but that is valid for the lifetime of your pet. There are no renewal fees or additional costs!
Do I really need to register?
Pets are not only curious and prone to explore their surroundings; they are also natural escape artists. Sometimes, the will to wander takes our pets outside the boundaries of home. That is why it is important that your pet is electronically identified with a microchip that contains a unique, permanent, tamper-proof identification number.
Even if your pet stays indoors, natural disasters, house fires and other unfortunate events often leave pets unprotected. Through chipping and registration in PetLink, you can ensure that if you are separated from your pet, the chance of you being reunited increases dramatically.
A chip is as small as a grain of rice, and is easily implanted under the skin of your pet. It can't be removed or fall off. Registration with PetLink is quick and easy, and keeps your contact information safely stored and password-protected online. If your pet is found, PetLink will help bring him or her home to you.
What does PetLink registration include?
- Lifetime registration for your pet with no additional renewal fees (if lifetime registration is purchased vs. annual registration)
- 24/7/365 access to the PetLink Recovery Hotline
- Free Lost Pet posters, complete with your pet's photo
- Encouraging Together Again stories, where pet owners just like you talk about their successful experiences with PetLink's reunification services
- Useful tips and offers
- Travel tips and recommendations for domestic and international travel with your pet
- Unlimited access to petlink.net
What microchips does PetLink accept?
PetLink will accept any microchip, including but not limited to:
- Datamars™ Microchip
- PetLink™ Microchip
- Bayer resQ® Microchip
- Microfindr™ Microchip
- 24 Pet Watch™ Microchip
- AKC CAR/EID™ Microchip
- Αllflex® Microchip
- Avid™ Microchip
- Banfield® Microchip
- Crystal Tag Microchip
- Destron Fearing™ Microchip
- Digital Angel® Microchip
- HomeAgain® Microchip
- Lifechip® Microchip
- Schering Plough™ Microchip
- Trovan® Microchip
How does microchipping and pet reunification work?
- Visit your veterinarian or local animal shelter to have a microchip implanted into your pet
- Make sure you complete your registration in a pet database like PetLink
- If your pet is lost or stolen, it can be scanned with a simple handheld microchip scanner. The scanner is passed over the pet's neck and back
- The scanner identifies the pet's microchip number, which is then entered into a pet microchip lookup online
- The pet owner is identified and reunited with the pet if the microchip number was registered in a pet database
The American Animal Hospital Assoc. (AAHA) links most of the pet databases in the United States into what has become a sort of national standard in www.petmicrochiplookup.org. This useful tool helps ensure a positive search result by validating microchips from the following: PetLink by Datamars, Bayer resQ, Found Animals, ACK-CAR and HomeAgain.
Just enter the chip number and the tool will tell you which database you will need to reach.
International Pet Search Engine linking 31 member country databases.
The parent company of PetLink.
The Humane Society of the United States.
The American Veterinary Medical Association.
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
The Humane Society of the United States.
American Animal Hospital Association.