Blog: Homemade Cat Treats – Recipe by PetLink
Make a special treat for your special cat friend! Made with love (and ChatGPT), we’ve created a fun, simple recipe that you can use at any time.
Ingredients* (see notes)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup canned tuna (in water, drained)
- ¼ cup chicken or beef broth (low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters/knife
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour and cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the tuna, broth, vegetable oil, and egg until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, you can add a little more broth.
- Lightly flour an even surface and roll out the dough until it’s around 1/4” thick, then use a cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes or cut them into small squares.
- Place the treats on the baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until they are browned and firm.
- Remove the treats from the oven and allow them to cool, preferably on a wire rack.
Once the treats are fully cooled, they are ready to be enjoyed by your best four-legged pal! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Remember to consider your cat’s dietary restrictions before selecting ingredients. Ask your veterinarian if you have any concerns about specific ingredients.