Transfer of Ownership / Adoption
Please click the tab that most closely matches your situation.
Transfer my pet to a new owner
To transfer your registered pet to a new owner electronically, please follow these instructions:
- Login to your account (input your e-mail address and password)
- Input your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields
- Select “Change Owner” from the left menu
- Select the pet who is to be transferred to the new owner
- Input the new owner’s e-mail address and click “Submit”
- PetLink will e-mail the new owner and ask for confirmation
- PetLink will request a transfer fee of $19.99 from the new owner. Once paid, the transfer will be confirmed and completed.
You will receive a confirmation email from PetLink once we receive an acceptance from the new owner and the
transfer is complete. Please ensure the new owner’s spam filter allows emails from PetLink. From then on, you
will no longer receive any communications from PetLink regarding this pet.
For assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer my new pet to my name
Your adopted pet may already be registered in PetLink. Enter your pet’s microchip number in the box below to get started
I am an animal professional and I need to transfer a pet to my organization
You will need to download and complete the Animal Professional Pet Transfer Form accompanied by any one of the following:
A copy of the owner surrender agreement
A copy of the intake form
A copy of the pet’s rabies certificate/license
Vet records or bills in the organization’s name
Once you have all the proper documentation needed to complete the pet transfer, please return the form to email@example.com or mail to the following address:
250 West Cummings Park
Woburn, MA 01801