Blog: Check the Chip Day for You and Your Pet
Check the Chip Day is August 15th! It’s also known as PetLink’s favorite pet-based holiday. There are steps you can take to ensure your pet’s microchip is doing its job properly. The most important of these are:
- Registering your pet with up-to-date contact information, such as current phone numbers, email addresses, and alternate contacts. Remember: you can register any brand of microchip with PetLink for a lifetime of protection.
- Review your current information, log into your PetLink account and go through your personal information and your pet’s information.
- Add additional contacts, secondary phone numbers, etc. to make sure PetLink can contact you right away when your pet is found.
- Get into the habit of asking your vet to scan your pet whenever they are brought in for a wellness visit. Checking the chip regularly is something we should all have top of mind when concerned for our pet’s health and well-being. You may get your own scanner to keep on hand here.
- When you add a new pet to the family it is important to check if the animal has or needs a microchip. Most veterinarians offer microchipping services for less than $40.
- If you have a hard time getting to the vet, or want to check your pet’s chip on your own time, you can shop our F1 Personal Scanner on the PetLink Store.
Visual identification is important too! Purchase personalized collars and collar tags at the Petlink Store!
We hope these tips are helpful to you and your furry companion. We wish you and your pets a happy and safe rest of your summer!